Wow, where has all the time gone! I’m coming up to half way through my 52 project and realise that I’m woefully behind 🙁
The wedding took my eye off the ball for a few weeks (understandably!) and I managed to almost get back on track again, but I’ve had a bout of extreme tiredness which hits me from time to time and this has taken its toll. I really wanted this project to be something I would enjoy, and definitely didn’t want it to become stressful at all. I was reminded of the wonderfully therapeutic benefits of crafting when a friend sent me the beautiful quote in the photo below. So, rather than thinking about how far behind I am, I’m going to focus on what I’ve achieved so far! To date I’ve had great fun making 11 projects:
- 2 crochet mice (Knit and Purl) to sit on my wedding cake
- A paper ‘map’ box for my wedding rings
- 24 decoupage jars for wedding flowers
- A Proggy heart (this is a work in progress, but getting there!)
- A pair of socks for Mum knitted on honeymoon
- Some lovely pot pourri made from my wedding bouquet
- A Liberty project bag
- A poem picture made from flower printed paper
- Crochet face pads and soap bag
- A Memory tray
- Coco’s revamped basket (watch out for this post tomorrow!)
I started with £52 and have managed to only spend £4.94 up to now (ribbon for my project bag, essential oil for the pot pourri and a darning needle to sew up Mum’s socks), so there’s still money for future projects if needed, although I’m really keen to spend as little as possible.
I still have the wedding wishes tags to make into bunting, and I have a list of ideas for future projects so, without further ado (and my crafting mojo back) I’d better get started!
Thank you for sharing my journey so far 🙂